About Us News

Guidelines for applicants for registering grievance on MADAD/ CPGRAM portal.

Back | Print

Guidelines for applicants for registering grievance on MADAD/ CPGRAM portal

The applicants are advised first to go through the following guidelines before registering their grievances on MADAD/ CPGRAM portal:

  • The MADAD/ CPGRAM portals are for filing grievances by Indian nationals only.

  • Grievances pertaining to employment related issues may be filed. Indian Missions/ Posts can attempt reconciliation through negotiation, where both parties agree.

It should not be confused with filing a case with labour court or with a legal arbitrator.

  • Applicants are advised to approach the concerned authorities in India/ abroad in the matters of:

- Family Dispute
- Complaints with foreign airlines/ private schools abroad

- Seeking help with Indian authorities in resolving issues in India etc.

  • For demand of action against a foreign entity/ individuals, the complainant should approach the concerned authority of the foreign country.

The Ministry of External Affairs or Indian Missions or Posts cannot initiate punitive action against Indian nationals (such as revocation/ impounding/ cancellation of passports) based on complaints by individuals.

Orders from court/ legal basis, is required for such action.

It is beyond the purview of the Ministry of External Affairs/ Indian Missions/ Posts to prevent individuals from leaving/ entering India or other countries or intervene in the process of grant of foreign visas.

  • Personal issues in marital relationships fall beyond the ambit of consular grievance.

Indian Missions/ Posts would, however, readily assist destitute Indian nationals abroad, particularly women in distress and children, on case to case basis.

  • For commercial disputes, the portal of the Director General of Foreign Trade at http://dgftebrc.nic.in may first be approached.

  • For queries related to foreign private entities (which are not under the control of Government of India) such as International Schools abroad, individual should approach the concerned authority in foreign country.

  • Requests to file court cases on behalf of an individual may not be possible for Indian Embassies/ Consulates.

  • Complaints against fraud or any criminal activities, are required to be filed with the concerned law enforcement agency.

Filing a complaint with Indian Missions/ Posts is not sufficient in such cases.

  • Countries have sovereign authority to grant or deny visa to any foreign national. Indian Missions/ Posts or the Ministry do not process any complaints against any foreign Mission of a foreign country on a visa related matter.