About Us Re-issue of Passports for applicants above 18 years of age

  • It is informed that the consular appointments stand cancelled until further notice. Applications need to be sent by post as visitors are strictly not allowed in Embassy premises.

  • Presently there is a delay in the processing of cases, given the situation. It may take 6-8 weeks to get a new passport. If the documents are incomplete/missing, the case will be further delayed, and the date of submission will be considered as the date of completion of application.

  • It will be highly appreciated if the status related queries are sent only in case you don't hear from us even after 8 weeks of completion of your application.

  • Please don't enclose your current original passport while you post the application to us. You don't have to enclose the return envelope as well. We shall send an email with instructions on collection once the new passport is ready.

       Address to post your documents: Kornhamnstorg 4, Box 2131, 10314 Stockholm

Re-issue of Passports for applicants above 18 years of age:

Check list for the documents required:

  • Current passport in original and copies (first & last page)

  • Copy of Residence Permit/Work permit (front & back side), even if expired.

  • Latest Personbevis (Extract of Population Register) issued by Skatteverket for Residents of Sweden.

  • One Local address proof (in English) for Residents of Latvia.

  • Proof of payment of SEK 751/- (for 36-page booklet) or SEK 995/- (for 60-page booklet) Bank Giro No. 5816-4930

  • Mottagningskvitto issued by Migrationsverket, (in case the visa is under extension and a decision is awaited) along with a letter from employer/Institute/University where the person is working/studying.

  • Applicants living in Latvia may send a self-addressed envelope with 11 International Reply Coupons in order to get the passport back.

For any changes required in the Passport:

Following documents are required for respective changes:

Addition of Spouse name: Marriage certificate, having seal and stamp by the state government/Marriage registration office, along with a photocopy of the spouse's passport (first & last page). If marriage certificate is issued in Sweden/Latvia or any other country, it should be duly notarized/apostilled. It should be translated in English, if it is in Latvian.

Deletion of Spouse name: Court orders of divorce. The divorce decree if issued in Sweden/Latvia should be duly notarized/apostilled. It should be translated in English, if it is in Latvian.

Change in Address: If the address is to be changed from what it is in current passport, the applicant must provide: either an Aadhar card OR two different address proofs with the new address (Voter ID card, driving license, passbook copy of nationalized banks, utility bills etc.) Out of the two proofs provided, one should be a photo ID proof.

*If the applicant needs Swedish address to be printed in the Passport, it would be taken from Personbevis, as it is.

In case Passport Booklet is exhausted: A signed undertaking (explanation) by the applicant is needed if the current passport has run out of visa pages but the passport is still valid. Original passport will be verified while we accept the application for renewal.

Consular Services